The Badminton World Federation (BWF) has released the list of seeded players who will compete in the 2022 World Championships on Friday (5/8/2022) morning. The 2022 World Championships will be held on August 22-28, 2022 at the Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium, Tokyo, Japan.
One of the prestigious events in the international badminton championship is of course a special target for all international badminton players, including Indonesia. The men’s doubles sector is one of Indonesia’s leading sectors, 4 representatives of Indonesia’s men’s doubles are confirmed to be included in the men’s doubles sector top 16 seeded at the 2022 World Championships.
Launch information entries players from the official BWF page, the following is a list of the top men’s doubles at the 2022 World Championships:
- Marcus Fernaldi Gideon/Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo (INA)
- Takuro Hockey/Yugo Kobayashi (JPN)
- Hendra Setiawan/Mohammad Ahsan (INA)
- Wang Chi-Lin/Lee Yang (TPE)
- Fajar Alfian/Muhammad Rian Ardianto (INA)
- Aaron Chia/Soh Wooi Yik (MAS)
- Satwiksairaj Rankireddy/Chirag Shetty (IND)
- Kim Astrup/Anders Skaarup Rasmussen (DEN)
- Ong Yew Sin/Teo Ee Yi (MAS)
- Choi Sol Gyu/Seo Seung Jae (KOR)
- Goh Sze Fei/Nur Izzudin (MAS)
- Mark Lamsfuss/Marvin Seidel (GER)
- Goh V Shem/Tan Wee Kiong (MAS)
- Ben Lane/Sean Vendy (ENG)
- Muhammad Shohibul Fikri/Bagas Maulana (INA)
- Akira Koga/Taichi Saito (INA)
The World Championship regulations themselves state that each country can only send a maximum of 4 representatives with the highest ranking according to the invitation given by the BWF.
This means that all of Indonesia’s representatives in the men’s doubles sector managed to enter the list of superiors and become one of the positive capitals to be able to provide the best results. As seeded players4 representatives of Indonesian men’s doubles will get BYE in the round of 64.
As is known, the first seed, occupied by Marcus Fernaldi Gideon/Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo, is the best men’s doubles that Indonesia currently has by being ranked 1st in the world.
Launching from player rankings in the Badminton4u app, Hendra Setiawan/Mohammad Ahsan are ranked 3rd in the world. Then Muhammad Rian Ardianto / Fajar Alfian, the Indonesian men’s doubles who have consistently won 7 finals in 2022 are ranked 5th in the world.
Finally, Muhammad Shohibul Fikri/Bagas Maulana, who is currently ranked 20th in the world, is the 2022 All England Champion.
The draw for the 2022 World Championship itself will be held on Wednesday (10/8/2022) at 15.00 Malaysian time and will be broadcast live on the BWF’s official YouTube channel.